Amy made yummy cold Oreo dessert while taking her mind of finals. Great timing because we had some company coming!
Since I don’t often make a dessert it was a real treat for my family. Usually, we have fruit or ice cream. I can’t eat these rich things due to diabetes. When we have sweets, it is usually the girls who make them.
She found this recipe & had her dad take her to the grocery store for all the making. We have a spring form pan which made this cheesecake a bit more showy for serving than a casserole pan would have.
The white cake pedestal was a perfect paring.
Basic white dishes highlight the rich flavors just waiting to be indulged on.
- 36 Oreo cookie divided
- ¼ c butter melted
- 4 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
- ¾ c sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8 oz whipped cream or cool whip
- CHOP 15 cookies coarsely.
- Finely chop remaining cookies; mix with melted butter.
- Press finely chopped cookies and butter mixture into bottom of springform pan or 13x9 in pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- BEAT cream cheese, sugar & vanilla until blended. Gently stir in sweetened whipped cream or cool whip and reserved chopped cookies.
- REFRIDGERATE unitl firm, about 4 hours.
This is a Kraft recipe. Face it, Kraft has some good ones and certainly give a basic recipe that are easy to tweak. Some reviewers said too much cream cheese, however we did not find that to be true. We did really tasted the cool whip. Maybe that was because it is not a regular in our household. Next time, real whip cream.
The extra pieces not consumed after Sunday lunch were gone by the next evening. Desserts don’t last long in our house!
Kudos to Amy for a wonderful Oreo Cheesecake for family and friends!
may be linking here:
Savy Southern Style Full Plate Thursday Wow Us Wednesdays The Scoop The-Inspiration-Gallery fabulously creative friday linky party Be Inspired! Inspire Me Tuesday! Home Sweet Home Foodie Friday Share Your Cup Thursday