The granddaughters came bounding in with good cheer and anticipation of a second breakfast pretty early this morning. I still had my PJs on and just started my second cup of coffee. Sweet greetings first thing this Friday morning.
Grandma’s, at least this one are generally good for food without strings! We had a discussion to decide…pancakes or waffles.
These girls love to help and actually are learning enough so they are a help!
I needed my second cup first.
They prefer whipped cream over syrup and always have sprinkles any day of the week! Today they topped their waffles with butter and red and green sprinkles. I’m out of the fun colors! They were shocked!!
And just so you know,
nuthin’s finer than breakfast in my kitchen
with my darlin’ grands!!
- 1¼ cups flour
- 1 Tbls baking powder
- ½ teas salt
- 2 cups milk* (plain yogurt can be substituted)
- ⅓ cup salad oil
- 2 egg whites beaten until very fluffy. almost stiff
- chopped pecans, chocolate chips
- for dessert waffle... add a dash of vanilla
- Pre-heat waffle iron according to directions
- In a mixing bowl, stir all dry ingredients together.
- Add milk and oil mixing well.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until very fluffy, almost stiff.
- Last, fold in egg whites.
- Sprinkle pecans before closing the waffle iron.
- Mix chocolate chips in batter before pour in the waffle iron.
- Cook waffle according to the waffle maker directions.
- Each waffle takes about 3-5 minutes.
Have a great weekend! Maybe even some waffles?
recipe from a dear friend who Amy and Meg call Aunt Ellen
Kitchen Aid hand mixer color Ice Blue can be found at Amazon & at Target
Cuisinart waffle iron from WS
http://www.21rosemarylane.com ~ Share Your Style Thursday Link Up
http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com Home Sweet Home