This salad is Sunday Lunch delicious! It is easy and quick to prepare and easy and quick clean up. Hanging out in the kitchen or around the grill is perfect for Sunday or any time for family and friends are together.
In our house we are a little tired of meals that involved the oven. Winter food is heavier; roasted vegetables and delicious soups and stews. The vegetables seem brighter in the grocery store displays.
Here is a delicious salad with grilled chicken paired with the yumminess of avocado and grilled pineapple. Perfect for Sunday lunch because it is quick to prepare for the hungry family after church.
I cooked on the stove top and brushed the grill pan lightly with olive oil. It was too cold to cook outside. Canned pineapple made this even easier. After draining the pineapple I tossed the chucks with a touch of olive oil. After the chicken was almost done, I put the pineapple to one side of the pan to grill. Toss frequently as the sugar will brown fast!
I served this in large soup plates. My salad makings were pretty much what I had in the fridge…yellow peppers, cherry tomatoes, mixed lettuces. I didn’t add the blueberries. I used garlic powder.
Meg’s not a salad fan so her meal was rice with the chicken and pineapple. She loved it. The rice in the rice cooker was finished by the time the rest was ready.
Hope you enjoy this as much as we did! The extra was a delicious school lunch on Monday. As always, I put the dressing in the container first and then added salad with feta, chicken and pineapples on top.
Grilled Chicken, Pineapple, Avocado Salad
- Salad Ingredients:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 fresh pineapple peeled, cored and sliced into 1-inch thick rings
- canned works too
- 8 cups baby spinach lettuces
- 1 cup fresh blueberries optional
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- quarter of a red onion thinly sliced(optional)
- Honey Garlic Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- Brush the chicken on both sides with olive oil, then season generously with salt and pepper. If cooking on stove, slice chicken into strips first.
- Preheat your outdoor grill to medium-high, or heat a grill pan over med-high heat. Place pineapple slices and chicken breasts on the grill.
- (I used canned pineapple chunks and drizzled with olive oil and tossed prior to grilling in pan. Cook after turning chicken)
- Cook for about 10 minutes turning midway or until the chicken is cooked through
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Slice chicken into strips and cut pineapple into chunks.
- In a large bowl, toss together spinach, blueberries, feta, red onion, pineapple and chicken until combined. Drizzle or toss with salad dressing, and serve immediately.
- Arrange greens and vegetables in larger individual bowls layering feta, chicken, avocado, and pineapple on top. Drizzle with honey garlic vinaigrette
- To Make The Vinaigrette:
- Whisk all ingredients together until blended. Let sit for at least 10 minutes for flavors to meld. Whisk again until blended, then drizzle over salad.