Chicken Divan is a wonderful dish to serve witth rice for family and company.
What would you like for dinner? Eyes wide with anticipation, the answer was “Chicken Divan? “.
Then I would often tell her no because it thought it just took too much time. So one day, I timed myself making it.
I was wrong.
With a little coordination of pots on the stove, this dish is pretty doggone easy and not time-consuming to make!
In fact, it is one of those can’t fail kind of dishes. You don’t even have to measure salt.
But don’t leave out the cooking sherry because it is what enhances the flavors in to so-so to fabulous!
This casserole freezes beautifully, holds up well for reheating for lunch the next day. It cannot be beaten for a wonderful entrée for a family gathering or big crowd dinner.
It is part of my go to dishes for special occasions and large groups.
Classic Chicken Divan
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 1 frozen or 1 large bunch fresh broccoli cut into bite size pieces partially cooked
- 2 can cans of cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry
- 1 cup Parmesan
- Mix ingedients except 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and broccoli.
- Gently stir in broccoli.
- Pour into 9×11 baking dish.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Your family and company will love it!!