What would you like for dinner? Eyes wide with anticipation, “Chicken Divan? “.
Then I would often tell her no because it thought it just took too much time. So one day, I timed myself making it. With a little coordination of pots on the stove, this dish is pretty doggone easy and not time-consuming to make!
In fact, it is one of those can’t fail kind of dishes. You don’t even have to measure salt.
But don’t leave out the cooking sherry because it is what enhances the flavors in to so-so to fabulous! This casserole freezes beautifully, holds up well for reheating for lunch the next day. It cannot be beaten for a wonderful entrée for a family gathering or big crowd dinner.
Classic Chicken Divan
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 1 frozen or 1 large bunch fresh broccoli cut into bite size pieces partially cooked
- 2 can cans of cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry
- 1 cup Parmesan
- Mix ingedients except 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and broccoli.
- Gently stir in broccoli.
- Pour into 9x11 baking dish.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Do you have a favorite dish for family and company that is a hit?
Home & Garden Thursday Full Plate Thursday Wow Us Wednesdays The-Inspiration-Gallery fabulously creative friday Foodie Friday Share Your Cup Thursday Shabbilicious Friday Weekend Retreat Grace at Home Home Sweet Home Foodie Friday