Meg’s carrot cupcakes were a hit. She whipped up a batch for her coworkers for a treat during their early morning meeting.
It’s great tasting treat for all sorts of occasions like afternoon coffee or breakfast! Don’t know about you but with the cinnamon and cream cheese, it’s saying great for autumn!
While a layered cake is nice for a dessert when bringing a treat into a place of employment, cupcakes are the better option! Grab, add a napkin…eat.
I’ll admit it. Carrot cake is a favorite of mine. Maybe that’s why she picked it to make. Cream cheese icing on a cupcake disguised as a morning ‘muffin’ makes perfect sense; don’t you think? We love that Meg loves to bake!
Turns out, carrot cupcakes are really versatile. Not only are they delicious and great for desserts, we like them for morning treats. Meg’s coworkers did too!
Cream cheese icing on a cupcake disguised as a morning ‘muffin’ makes perfect sense; don’t you think?
Now, our family has been know to have what you might consider desserts for breakfast. That means fruit cobblers, left over birthday cake or pie will be eaten. We can add carrot cake to the list.
Meg’s Carrot Cupcakes
- large mixing bowl, medium mixing bowl, mixer, knife, small cutting board, spatula, cupcake pan, cupcake liners, sifter, measuring spoons and cups, food processor with grater blade or hand held grater Icing bag and tip
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 teas vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour or cake flour
- 2 teas baking powder
- 2 teas baking soda
- 1/4 teas salt
- 2 teas cinnamon
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 4 cups powdered sugar sifted or break up lumps with fork in seperate bowl
- 1 teas vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/8 cup minced walnuts reserved for top of iced cupcakes
- optional 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Alternate: grease and flour each cup section.
- Grate carrots to make 3 cups Option: Buy pregrated carrots in grocery store produce section
- In a seperate meduim size mixing bowl stir with a fork to blend sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda, white sugar and salt. Tip: No sifter? Stir with a fork in blend well.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs then add oil and vanilla and beat
- Next, slowly add while mixing about 1/3 of dry ingredients at a time until all are incorporated together.
- Stir in or mix on slow speed grated carrots in cake batter
- Fold in 1 cup chopped walnuts. Save 1/8 to mince for dusting decoration on top of icing.
Cream Cheese Icing
- Mix together until smooth and creamy butter, cream cheese amd vanilla extract
- Slowly add 4 cups of lump free powdered sugar. You msy hsve to sift it
- Mix until smooth. Cool the icing to firm up before icing cooled cupcakes Optional: Use an icing bag with different tips for a fun look
- Dust top with minced walnuts or cinnamon
The extra carrot cupcakes sat on our kitchen peninsula counter only for a few days before they were all gone!
Having cupcakes to grab as a snack with afternoon coffee! Great! A quick grab and go as you blow through the door on the way to work. Coffee and cupcake on the back porch in the morning quiet. Wonderful.
Who knew cupcakes could be so versatile?
This site contains links to affiliate products I may recieve a small commission for when you purchase at no extra cost to you.
These are similar to the items in the post. Enjoy shopping and thank you for any purchses you make!