I’m reposting some of my soup recipes. Soup makes for an easy meal on a busy day. I made this one in August last year for a week when all the kids were here. Who wants to be cooking the whole weekend ? Not me.
Winter is the time of year for soups. Busy days and cold nights are made for a soup supper. Easy to prepare and simmer until the dinner hour says comfort!
My Beef vegetable soup calls for a cheaper cut of meat which means savings!
Hope this will make your day easier!
Weekends with family coming and going. Lazy days, catch up on sleep, homework and with friends. It’s fall and school started this week.
I could be preparing food and doing dishes all day long!
Though I enjoy preparing delicious food for family and guests, I do not like making what can seem like endless meals. I have a repertoire of just that kind of recipes that are tasty, easy preparations and cost less. A dish made in large qualities that reheats well.
Very handy as we all come and go!
Soup on the weekend is a perfect. It’s also great for a busy week day.
We love Jiffy Corn Muffins or traditional skillet cornbread with this.
Linda's Beef Vegetable Soup
- Small pieces beef stew meat
- 1 med onion chopped
- 3-4 stalks of celery chopped
- 1 package of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 32 oz cartons beef broth
- 1-2 large cans crushed or diced tomatoes 1 sm can tomato paste
- 1 large bag frozen mixed vegetables without onion celery, potatoes
- fresh baby spinach
- Use large soup pot with lid.
- Simmer 1 lb or less chopped stew meat until cooked
- Add remaining ingredients
- Season with salt, black pepper and Italian herbs.
- Simmer covered for several hours.
- minutes before serving add frozen mixed vegetables
- hands full of fresh spinach
- Simmer to heat throughly prior to serving.
- : Make in crock pot and extend cooking time for several hours
How do you plan meals for weekends?
Savy Southern Style Full Plate Thursday Wow Us Wednesdays The Scoop The-Inspiration-Gallery fabulously creative friday Be Inspired! Inspire Me Tuesday! Foodie Friday Share Your Cup Thursday BNOTP Shabbilicious Friday Foodie Friday Weekend Retreat Grace at Home Best of the Weekend Party